round, oval and rectangular items such as glass bottles, and glass drinkware, items can be slightly tapered
production rate up to 80 items/min
diameter 30 - 120 mm
length 35 - 350 mm
up to 7
The servo-based RS 7480 is designed for multi-colour decoration with UV inks of glass or plastic items at high production speeds; servo drives for screens and fixtures reduce changeover times. Reliability and speed make the RS 7480 ideal for 24/7 production.
An RS 7480 is a servo-based screen printing machine for decorating items such as cosmetic jars. The RS 7480 features a rotary indexing ring designed for heavy duty use; the ring has 18 stations, each has a station head with a fixture.
A servo screen printing machine is required to screen print onto complex shaped items that have cross sections with linear, circular and oval elements. An advanced motion controller synchronises the print movements of four servo-driven axes in each printing station: print head with screen and squeegee, screen, squeegee, and fixture.
The simultaneous movements of print head, screen, squeegee, and fixture during printing ensure that the squeegee edge stays in contact with the printing area. One-pass multi-colour printing onto complex-shaped bottles or glasses is made possible; for example, a wrap-around can be printed onto a square bottle that has rounded corners.
An item can be oriented to ensure a correct positioning of an image. Any necessary angular advance or retard for positioning an image on a bottle is set at the touch screen.
- Rotary indexing ring
- Solid welded frame
- Prism infeed conveyor
- Automatic loading station
- Surface cleaning station
- Each screen printing station features
- Servomotor for screen (horizontally)
- Servomotor for squeegee (horizontally)
- Servomotor for printing head (vertically)
- Floating squeegees
- UV drying stations
- Automatic unloading station
- Belt outfeed conveyor
- Integrated machine and servo control system
- Process visualisation with PC and touch screen
- Different access levels, levels are password protected
- Job storage and recall facilities
- Automatic machine pre-setting
- Interface for remote diagnostics
- Printing in lengthwise direction
- Screen heating
- Surface cleaning station
- Flaming station
- Turning station (to turn items up side down on conveyor)
- Optical orientation
- Mechanical orientation
- Orientation with black/white camera for printing onto relief or between seams
- Print inspection
- UVitro surface treatment machine
An RS 7480 can be integrated with ancillary equipment, such as depalletiser, buffer, lehr (for glass decoration), palletiser, packaging machine, to form an integrated screen printing production system.